A study to assess the effectiveness of burger allen exercise on improving peripheral circulation among type 2 Diabetes Mellitus patients in selected hospitals of Nadiad city

Vipin Patidar*

Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the pancreas does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. This high blood sugar produces the classical symptoms of polyuria, polydipsia, and polyphagia. Diabetes mellitus type 2 (formerly noninsulindependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) or adult onset diabetes) is a metabolic disorder that is characterized by high blood glucose in the context of insulin resistant and relative insulin deficiency. This is in contrast to diabetes mellitus type 1, in which there is an absolute insulin deficiency due to destruction of islet cells in the pancreas. Type 2 diabetes makes up about 90% of cases of diabetes with the other 10% due primarily to diabetes mellitus type 1 and gestational diabetes. The research approach was adopted in the study was Quantitative Research Approach with pre experimental pre-test post-test design. The study was conducted in selected hospital of Nadiad city by use of modified foot assessment scale. The samples were selected by nonprobability purposive sampling technique. 30 samples were selected for the study. Study instrument used by the researcher consisted of two sections i.e. demographic profile and modified foot assessment tool to assess effectiveness of Buerger Allen exercise. Researcher applied paired T-test for comparison of pre and post assessment of effectiveness of Buerger Allen exercise on peripheral circulation among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients in right leg. The study found that the buerger allen exercise is very effective in improving peripheral circulation among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients.